Friday, June 13, 2014

Fried Spicy Chicken a'la Nyonya


I remembered I bought this recipes book 11 years ago. I cooked this most of the time, my family like spicy, we like this dish so much. 
I would like to share this with friends, hope you like it too.



Ingredients

1 kg Drumsticks, scored ( I used wings )
6 stalks Lemon grass, lightly bruised
3 sprigs Curry leaves
10 Shallots, peeled and lightly bruised
3 cloves Garlic, peeled and lightly bruised
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tpns Sugar
750 ml Cooking oil for deep frying


Marinade (mixed)

2 tpns Light soy sauce
1 tpn Meat curry powder
2 tsp Powder chilli
1 tsp Powder turmeric
1 tsp Chicken stock granules

Method

1. Combine the chicken drumsticks with marinade, lemon grass, curry leaves, shallots and garlic. Season with salt and sugar. Set aside for 4-5 hours.

2. Heat the cooking oil and deep-fry the marinated chicken until golden brown. Drain and serve hot. 

Hope you like it too!




No comments:

Post a Comment